Monday, March 22, 2004

Haha I forgot to say that at Triple 3 that night, we had a round-the-table discussion about which was the best way to get a flat stomach (haha guess who started it). Of course, being girls, everyone had lots of ideas and they ranged from the Atkins diet to enlisting in the army, lol. I was seriously tempted to try out the latter after hearing how the brother of one of the girls lost 10kg in BMT. TEN KG!!! The most suicidal suggestion was for me to do XXX number of crunches and run for 40 minutes everyday. !!! (Actually, my heart gave a joyful leap when I thought I heard three minutes. Oh well.) Anyway, at the end of it all, we reached the conclusion that the solution was to do sit-ups. :) We'll see...

Today I went to Flowers in the Attic at The Heeren to change the skirt that my friends gave me. I ended up making really good friends with the shop assistant there, lol. Anyway, I chose a black pleated skirt with floral prints (looks better than it sounds) and a pair of funky retro earrings, haha. I spent a looooong time at the shop, so I guess it's no wonder that I've come to like it very much. I wouldn't mind working there part-time. So we just chatted and chatted... and I practically shared my whole life story with her (much to my mother's horror). :) She introduced me to the upcoming Singapore Film Fest and now I'm quite revved up to go. I picked up the book at the little Uniquely Singapore hut (lol) and later I'm going to look through it and see which films I would like to watch.

Other than that, I ate the best claypot chicken rice at the Orchard Emerald Foodcourt. :) See, I just cannot not talk about food.

I also went to the library@esplanade because I wanted to borrow some Jap/Korean movies but they didn't have. Maybe I should have looked in those shops at Ginza instead.

Anyway, it's been such a long time since I hit Orchard. It kinda hit me that I had sorta lost touch with the latest trends and all now that I'm not in school anymore, lol. I miss my friends too...

Well I'm quite happy that my day was pretty well spent...at least I learnt a few things (such as, you need a CashCard to pay your library fines :(, OG Orchard is having a Moving Out Sale, there is such a thing as jelly sandals, etc)... Now I'm looking forward to watching lots and lots of movies! :)

No comments: