WELL I went to watch TROY last night! I was in the worst seat ever - first row, right at the corner. I was thinking how wasted it was coz 1)the ticket cost me $8.50, 2)we skipped our dinner to catch the 7:45 show, 3)it's supposed to be an epic and a 5-star movie, 4)the people in it are supposed to be super hot...but I was seeing them at awkward angles and they looked so disproportionate! :p But of course, I didn't watch the movie because of the supposedly hot people (by the way, there was too much nudity!). I didn't even want to watch it in the first place! I had to... And since I had to, I felt that it was most wasted that I didn't managed to get all that the movie was worth. You know, the feeling of watching an epic... with vast sets, larger-than-life characters, grand battles, rich emotional scenes...I was so not interested in the love section though in the end I got very touched by the relationship between Achilles and Briseis, which I'm trying hard to forget right now. Anyway, I guess I managed to capture two-thirds of that feeling, just at awkward angles.
Woke up early in the morning today just to go to CCAB. Didn't exactly realise what a crucial match it was between RJ and ACJC but now it's no wonder why we were all recruited to go down and lend Whui some moral support. Heh. Even her mum was roped in! But it was cool lah. Can see why she's so passionate about hockey. I would be too, if I had a shread of ball sense in me.
As for work, I've just finished Chapter 66 of Clinical Approach and now doing some journals that are making me very, very sleepy in the afternoons. :p I have no idea what they are talking about! There's just A LOT of numbers and symbols...Mind-boggling and the most effective way to make opticians richer. I'm splitting my days between them and dear old Zebrafish. Have confirmed with my editor that zebrafish are indeed fish, and was told that they're the darlings of life sciences researchers because of their thin semi-transparent skin that gives these people a fantastic view of their gut.
One thing I can't understand is why people choose to be scientists. Imagine a life...I mean, you would have no life. Heh. Spend all your life doing research and experiments...But that's of course just a personal opinion coming from a self-confessed science-and-me-just-don't-go-together person. Then how ironic that my first job is science-related! But I can understand that if a person has the passion and curiosity for exploring the way things work in the scientific sense, then......
Fide is coming tonight! I'm simply overjoyed. She's this absolutely lovely little girl I know from church who happens also to be extremely clever. We're gonna babysit her! The first time she came, I was not at home! It was devastating. But I sure am looking forward to tonight. :)
I got a parcel from my Korean penpal!!! There was a notebook, a diary, an address book, a CD of 76 Korean pop songs, lots of stickers, lip gloss, candy...... How delightful it is to get a present like that!!!
Oh, how could I forget to mention this. The most unfair thing happened on American Idol! La Toya got voted off! She was tipped to be THE American Idol. Now my mum says that she won't watch the show anymore since her idol is already out. Heh. But yeah, I seriously feel that there was a great injustice done to La Toya. Do the voters have ears??! Ugh.
OK time for lunch! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment